A private family household are seeking to recruit an experienced chef to work with the Principal and the existing household staff at two UK properties – the main residence in South West London and a second residence in Central London.
There will be three main areas of responsibility in this role. The priority is to cook for the Principal, his guests and occasional staff catering (small numbers). You will be able to cook a range of different cuisines from very high-quality home cooking to fine dining.
The second key responsibility is to make sure the Principal is always cared for in respect to his health, lifestyle, nutrition and general holistic wellness. There is a well-stocked kitchen garden, which should be utilized regularly.
The third key responsibility is to assist and support the team with the overall management and running of the properties – ensuring that properties and aircraft are provisioned.
You will need to work flexible hours and be fully available whenever the Principal is in London. The role will require very occasional travel with the Principal.
We are looking for someone who has a hands-on approach and is willing to personally involve in daily household tasks. You will have a strong character and good communication skills. You will be able to deal with last minute changes calmly. You will have exceptional attention to detail and excellent time management. You will be enthusiastic and ready to work as part of a team.
Key Responsibilities and Hours:
· Responsible for the daily operations and running of the kitchen at the main and secondary property in London
· Cooking high quality, nutritious meals for the principal, his guests and household staff
· Preparing food in advance for private jet flights
· Adhering to all dietary requirements and assisting with supplement routine
· Shopping for and ordering food in a timely and efficient manner
· Proactively thinking of cupboard essentials that could be homemade such as Kombucha
· Maintaining exceptional hygiene and cleanliness standards in kitchens
· Responsible for ordering cleaning products and other kitchen stock
· Ensuring out of date food is disposed of in a timely manner
· Working with the Household EA to ensure that the routine of the house is clear, organised and well-staffed
· Overseeing and engaging in the general upkeep of the property, maintenance jobs and working with the Household EA to manage contractors when necessary
· Running errands on behalf of the Principal
· Occasional dog walking would be helpful – but not essential
· Cooking for private dinner parties for up to 30 guests (usually no more than 10 functions of this size per annum)
· Work with the Principal to plan menus
· Forward thinking with guests dietary requirements
· Assist with service where necessary (Usually just when the principle is dining alone or with one or two guests informally).
Compensation: £50,000 - £60,000 (dependent on experience) plus discretionary bonus. Longevity in previous roles a must; a clean driving licence and DBS cleared. Email your resume to email@example.com