The role of under butler will provide an incredible job opportunity for someone who is starting out in their career, who is looking to enter a formal household and wants to learn how the finest home operate. This role will provide a structured work environment and the chance to work alongside an established team of service orientated professionals.
The Under Butlers are expected to support the Butler team with a wide range of operationally essential tasks. All Under Butlers are expected to work in partnership with the estate team to provide the highest level of operational service and performance. You will be working in a busy estate where the ability to think on your feet is expected and to follow instructions.
Candidates must be willing to learn new skills and enhance current knowledge. There will be a need to attend all training courses as and when required.
This Job Description cannot be considered exhaustive due to the requirements of the Principals and business. Therefore, the job holder may be required from time to time to carry out other tasks as requested by the Management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Front of House service, meeting and greeting guests.
- Table, bar and pool service.
- Laying up and clearing of meal service.
- All types of service required including butler, silver and tray service.
- Cleaning and restocking of bars, coffee, tea and water points as required.
- Specialist cleaning techniques and polishing of china and silverware.
- Maintaining general cleanliness in pantry areas, stock rooms, service areas e.g. Garden Pavilions.
- Conservation and care of silver, gilt and crystal items.
- Stock taking and inventories including china, silverware, crystal, cigars, wines and spirits.
- Cellar management of fine wine, spirits and cigars.
- Responsible for stock rotation.
- Acceptance and movement of deliveries.
- Furniture and room adjustments to Principal’s and guest’s preference as required.
- Coordinating luggage delivery and collection from rooms.
- Valeting duties to include packing and unpacking.
- Operate in a Spa environment.
- Recording and relaying messages.
- Flexible with working hours and adaptable to change which might include weekends and bank holidays at short notice. Time will be given in lieu when overtime is worked.
- Critical eye for detail.
- Ability to work efficiently independently or as within the wider team.
- To carry out any other duties that may be reasonably requested by the Head Butler or member of the senior management team.
- Any other duties required to support the estate operation.
- Total discretion and the ability to provide exceptional service without being intrusive.
- Highest standards of personal grooming.
- Good written and spoken English skills are required.
- At least 2 years previous butler experience or trained at an accredited butler academy.
- Additional language skills would be helpful.
- Proficiency in excel and word would also be helpful.
- Current DBS or willing to undertake
- 45 hours per week
- Overtime taken in lieu
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- Salary £26,000 to £28,000 per annum
Interviews now. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org