Our international clients, who live in a contemporary, recently modernized, 6-storey townhouse in Marylebone, are seeking a professional, full-time, live-in housekeeper/nanny, who can offer flexibility with hours and duties. In return, for a lovely work environment, self-contained bedroom ensuite bathroom and kitchenette, and a generous salary and perks.
The client ideally is seeking someone that can offer:
- 50 hours per week, plus have flexibility for babysitting and some extra hours on weekends (paid as overtime)
- An individual to work a few more hours during school holidays, and be available to travel, potentially 3x a year, to help on family holidays (which are generally not longer than 2 weeks at a time)
Mum is very hands-on and takes responsibility for the majority of childcare duties, for the 2 children, aged 2 and 5 years old, which includes: managing school runs, meal times, activities & homework. A daily housekeeper cook is also employed, so there are no cooking duties required.
When the parents travel abroad, one of the grandparents will come to look after the children – so there is almost never any sole parenting responsibility
The main responsibilities of the housekeeper / nanny will be to:
- Work 5 days a week, offering extra ad-hoc hours at weekends and while travelling abroad
- Manage all general housekeeping, cleaning & laundry etc
- Manage spring and autumn cleaning
- Manage the laundry which is sent out / ensuring appropriate items are sent to the dry-cleaners and picked up promptly when ready
- Keep the house organized and neatly presented at all times, this includes special attention to store cupboards
- Maintain proper store of cleaning materials
- Help with grocery shopping as required
- Keep wardrobes neatly organized
- Help with packing and unpacking for trips abroad
- Offering mum help with the children as and when required
- Some baby-sitting duties if the parents are both out
- To travel with the family on family holidays (generally not more than 6 weeks a year).
- Have excellent level of spoken English
- Have a DBS check in place or be willing for us to organise this.
- Additional paediatric qualifications would be considered an advantage, example: child first aid.
- Offer excellent checkable references.
Salary £500 – £650 per week net DOE, in return for full flexibility. Statutory holiday allowance. Weekly food allowance provided. Self-contained accommodation provided on the lower ground floor of the client’s home. All subsistence covered while travelling (travel/hotel/meals etc). Candidates do not need to drive. Start ASAP. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org