The role of housekeeping assistant will provide a wonderful opportunity for someone who is starting out in their career, who is looking to enter a formal household and who wants to learn how the finest households operate. This role will provide a structured work environment, and structured hours along with the opportunity to work alongside an established team of service orientated professionals.
The Housekeeping Assistants are expected to support the Housekeeping Team with a wide range of operationally essential tasks. All Housekeeping Assistants are expected to work in partnership with the estate team to provide the highest level of service and performance.
Candidates will be working in a busy property, where the ability to think on your feet is important and the need to follow instructions correctly is essential. Total discretion is required by the Principals at all time.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Total discretion and the ability to provide exceptional service without being intrusive.
- Front of House duties to include cloakroom, meeting, greeting and directing guests.
- Cleaning, maintaining and presenting all rooms to the highest standard.
- Care of bedroom suites, changing beds and replenishing linen.
- Undertake personal maid duties for guests to include caring for clothes, running baths, dressing and calling trays.
- Able to work within a high-end finish environment.
- Care and conservation of antiques, artwork, fine fabrics and finishes.
- Ability to operate the latest house systems.
- Servicing external guest areas.
- Maintaining general cleanliness in service areas and stock rooms.
- Responsible for stock rotation.
- Acceptance and movement of deliveries.
- Furniture and room adjustments to Principal’s and guest’s preference as required.
- Maid duties to include packing, unpacking and wardrobe management.
- Operate in a Spa environment.
- Must be able to work in all areas of the laundry including washing, sorting, pressing, spot cleaning, and dry-cleaning awareness.
- Maintaining the highest standards of hygiene throughout the house.
- Flexible with working hours and adaptable to change which might include weekends and bank holidays at short notice. Time will be given in lieu when overtime is worked.
- Highest standards of personal grooming.
- Critical eye for detail.
- Ability to work efficiently independently or as within the wider team.
- To carry out any other duties that may be reasonably requested by the Head Housekeeper, Housekeeping Supervisor or member of the senior management team.
- Any other duties required to support the estate operation.
Qualifications, Education Requirements and Training:
- Previous housekeeping experience of at least 2 years
- Good spoken English skills
- To attend all training courses as and when required.
- Willing to learn new skills and enhance current knowledge
Salary - £23 - £25,000 gross pa DOE, uniform provided. Interviews now. Email your resume to email@example.com