Our lovely client, who lives in The UAE, is looking for a female Companion (due to cultural reasons).Candidates must have a generous, warm and friendly personality, a naturally nurturing and protective instinct and show they are vocational in their approach to work. They must also be free to travel freely to suit the schedule of the client, and for cultural reasons, candidates must be female and offer fluency in Arabic with excellent spoken English - some French would offer a small advantage!
The primary responsibilities of the companion will be to manage the client's home, which includes: anything and everything to do with the property, from giving instructions to household staff, managing contractors and service providers, and to providing overview for household budgets, petty-cash and the general expenses of household.
There will also be the occasional need to organise small events including family parties and celebrations which are hosted by the Principal.
NOTE: The Principal sometimes travels with her extended family, including children nd grandchildren, so candidates with a loving and child friendly character will be important.
Ideally, candidates will offer work and life experience gathered in all of the following areas. Candidates will have previously been employed in managerial hospitality roles in:
- Deluxe hotels or resorts and/or,
- Royal or Ambassadorial Households or respected Private Estates, and/or,
- Luxury Private Yachts and/or,
- Luxury Cruise Liners and/or,
- Butler/Concierge or Lifestyle positions.
- Candidates will show they have the ability to oversee domestic staff management matters, including: reconciling schedules, overtime, holidays and days off.
- Candidates will offer proven project management experience, showing they would be capable of managing and supervising small house remodelling schemes, construction and/or interior design projects.
- Candidates will be able to orchestrate travel and hotel reservations while showing they understand the travel protocols required when accompanying the client and her family abroad.
- Candidates will have a suitable level of Gulf experience.
- Candidates will show they can work seamlessly with a predominantly Asian workforce
- Some super yacht experience could be beneficial
- Some vehicle management experience could be beneficial
- Some kitchen and Food Hygiene and Food Safety experience could be beneficial
- Some safety/first aid/security management experience could be beneficial
- Some wardrobe and clothes management could be beneficial
Must 10 to 15 years experience with proven longevity and checkable references. Whilst in the UAE, Self Contained Accommodation is provided in the grounds of the Principals' property and within Hotels when travelling therefore this role is suitable only for single applicants. Tax free Salary $40,000 USD + very generous benefits. Work permit organised by client. Must have DBS or Police Check (or willing to undertake). Start ASAP. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org