The Laundry Supervisor is expected to support the House management and manage the laundry team on a daily basis, ensuring the day to day running of the laundry operation and working with the other members of the estate team to deliver the highest level of service to the Principals.
· Managing the day-today running of laundry rooms including the laundry team, delivering the highest standard of service to the Principals.
· Must be able to work in all areas of the laundry including washing, sorting, pressing, spot cleaning and dry-cleaning awareness.
· To maintain estate linen, guest laundry and staff uniforms to standards by monitoring condition of linens and repairing and/or replacing as necessary.
· To ensure correct linen is issued to Principals and guests, for functions and to staff areas.
· To be able to work with the latest in laundry equipment. Have a good knowledge of preventative maintenance for equipment and arrange repair when necessary.
· Maintaining general cleanliness in service areas and stock rooms.
· To manage and co-ordinate inventories including linens and consumables and have effective stock control and rotation. Maintain accurate records of chemical consumption and other operating supplies as required.
· Compile consumables requests and liaise with Housekeeping Supervisors for delivery.
· To review laundry standards and use of future materials mindful of environmental concerns.
· To update the standards and laundry regime manual for staff to follow, detailing products used on different materials together with the associated risks.
· Front of House duties to include cloakroom, meeting, greeting and directing guests.
· Care and conservation of fine fabrics and finishes.
· Circulate throughout the property/areas when requests for repairs are received.
· Maiding duties to include packing, unpacking and wardrobe management.
· Flexible with working hours and adaptable to change which might include weekends and bank holidays at short notice. Time will be given in lieu when overtime is worked.
· Highest standards of personal grooming.
· Critical eye for detail.
· Ability to work efficiently independently or as within the wider team.
· To carry out any other duties that may be reasonably requested by the Housekeeping management team or member of the senior management team.
· To be fully conversant with the risk assessments for your department.
· To comply with all Health & Safety regulation including fire safety procedures to ensure the safety of yourself, staff, contractors and Principals.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Previous laundry experience in a private household or 5 * hotel of at least 5 years.
· Good spoken English skills.
Total discretion and the ability to provide exceptional service without being intrusive. This is a demanding and high-pressure role supporting the running of a private estate at the highest level. A uniform will be provided. Start ASAP. Up to £35,000 gross pa DOE. Email your resume to email@example.com