The Head Housekeeper is expected to support and report directly the House Manage, and manage their team on a daily basis, ensuring the smooth running of the property operation. The Head Housekeeper is expected to work with the other members of the Estate team to deliver the highest level of service to the Principals. You will be expected to be hands on and lead by example if appropriate to the situation.
· Working with the House Management to ensure a faultless property operation.
· Assisting with management responsibilities and covering in the Deputy House Managers absence.
· Cleaning, maintaining and presenting the property to the highest standard.
· Managing and responsible for the day-today running of the property’s, delivering the highest standard of service to the Principals.
· Constantly review housekeeping standards, update the standards and house manual for staff to follow, detailing products used on different materials together with the associated risks.
· Circulate throughout all property areas and rooms to ensure all service standards and operational standards are met and are well maintained but never intrude the privacy of the Principals, their Family and Guests.
· Wardrobe management, caring for high end materials and designer garments and jewellery, to include packing, unpacking.
· Must be able to work in all areas of laundry and undertake ultimate responsibility of the Principal’s laundry including washing, sorting, pressing, spot cleaning, and dry-cleaning awareness.
· Undertake personal maiding duties for guests. to include caring for clothes, running baths, dressing and calling trays.
· Anticipate the needs of the Principals and make their environment as comfortable to their needs as possible. Be aware of standards around the whole property at all times, to ensure all service standards and operational flows are well maintained but never intrude the privacy of the Principals, their Family and Guests.
· To create and update written information of family requests, changes and requirements for the house teams and the House Management as soon as possible.
· Manage members of the operational house team to deliver the highest level of personal service to the Principals.
· To ensure correct linen is issued to Principals and guests, for functions and to staff areas.
· To manage and co-ordinate inventories including family items, linens, uniform, clothes, consumables and other household requests. You must have effective stock control and rotation.
· Compile and place department orders and requests, working with the House Management and other departments and agree delivery times and liaise with security on delivery access.
· Responsible for stock rotation and acceptance and movement of deliveries.
· Financial management, and resource management plans to include events and private functions.
· Assist in managing and controlling staff rosters and time management and recruitment.
· Full understanding of working with state-of-the-art systems.
· Excellent team building skills.
· Furniture and room adjustments to Principal’s and guest’s preference as required.
· Highest standards of personal grooming.
· Flexible with working hours and adaptable to change which might include weekends and bank holidays at short notice. Time will be given in lieu when overtime is worked.
· To carry out any other duties that may be reasonably requested by the House management and Principals.
· Any other duties required to support the estate operation.
· Exceptional attention to detail.
Health & Safety
· To ensure that all work undertaken is done so in a safe manner and in accordance with relevant approved codes of practice and to include the training of the house teams and ensure they are aware of their responsibilities and documents kept updated.
· To wear appropriate protective clothing provided by or recommended by the Company.
· To be aware of and comply with safe working practices as laid down under the Health and Safety Acts as applicable to your place of work. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards at your work place.
· To ensure that any accidents to staff, guests or visitors are reported in accordance with correct procedures.
· To be fully conversant with the risk assessments for your department.
· To comply with all Health & Safety regulation including fire safety procedures to ensure the safety of yourself, staff, contractors and Principals.
· To attend all training courses as and when required.
· Willing to learn new skills and enhance current knowledge.
· Ensure that all staff are performance managed and personal and professional development and continuation training.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· The Head Housekeeper is expected to have worked at the highest level of service either within the hotel industry or private house for UHNWI of at least 5 years.
· Good spoken English skills & IT skills
Total discretion and the ability to provide exceptional service without being intrusive is required. This is a demanding and high-pressure role supporting the running of a private estate at the highest level. A uniform will be provided. Start ASAP. Up to £45,000 gross pa DOE. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org